- We are excited to have updated our company mission which will help guide our business in the years ahead: To inspire and empower people to go places, while leaving a positive impact on people's lives and the planet.
- We made some family updates: Derek and his fiancée welcomed their firstborn, Kona, this past April. Helen, the mother of L&S, transitioned into retirement, being promoted to the gratifying role of CGO (Chief Grandma Officer). Her two sons stepped in with Jan becoming CEO and Derek becoming CMO.
- We were able to expand our Lo & Sons family to a team of over 20 employees!
- Just in time for the holidays, we launched our first pop-up shop at Showfields in our home city of New York.
- Our products were celebrated by major publishers including:
We are humbled to have donated over $300,000 worth of our products and $15,000 in monetary donations to a handful of non-profits.
Over the course of the year, as a team, we volunteered a total of 100 working hours with 6 local non-profits.
- With your support, over 19% of products sold in 2019 were made with eco-friendly materials—made from recycled water bottles or organic cotton canvas. In 2020 our goal is to sell more than 40% of our products with eco-friendly materials, while marching towards our larger goal of using as many eco-friendly materials as we can for all our products.
- We started our partnership with The Renewal Workshop, which marks a big step for Lo & Sons towards closing our supply chain loop, keeping bags out of landfills, and pushing towards a more circular economy. We cannot wait to share more updates with you in the months to come.
- Our co-founder and newly appointed CEO, Jan, is now serving on the advisory board of Yale Center for Business and Environment.
Thank you for your continued support for our family business. As a customer, you are a key part of our growth in working towards our mission, leaving a positive impact on people's lives and the planet.
—Helen, Jan & Derek